SA Government #COVID-19 portal: http://www.sacoronavirus.co.za
We honour President Ramaphosa’s outstanding leadership in guiding us through the Covid-19 crisis and declaring a national state of disaster and “lock down” from midnight 26th March – midnight 16th April 2020. South Africa subsequently moved to a level 3 lockdown on the 1 June 2020.
We commit to do everything in our power to “flatten the curve” and prevent the escalation of infection, and are sure that you all, our Caring Childline Community, are doing the same.
The Childline emergency services will remain open:
• 24/7 Toll Free Help Line – 08000 55555 is on standby to assist all callers on all issues, including Corona! They have an up to date manual on all relevant info and will support families, communities and children! Call us if you need advice or would like to help in some way. Our counsellors would be happy to chat to you.
We are aware of the high levels of challenges and anxieties of our people. However, we invite you to consider the following:
- In times of great disasters, great character and great nations can be forged!
- We are all One! One People! One Nation! One Continent! One World!
- We are all connected – a better world for all will benefit us all!
- We hope COVID-19 will highlight the very important “C” factors – Children, Communication, Cooperation, Collaboration, Care, Connection, Constructively Critical, Clever, Choose to Change and Compassion!
This could either be the end of the world as we know it OR the beginning of a new world as we collectively co-create it? Love one another and take care of your special selves and families.
Director – Childline Gauteng
To find out more on Basic Information, Myths and Facts, Where you can get tested and Additional Resources click here